“It’s the same principals of great photography. Even though it doesn’t move, food still has a moment.”
Penny De Los Stantos
Remember when I said “There’s something about food photography that makes the heart skip a beat. It’s a truly rewarding experience, a visual delight, an instant connect. Food photography and food styling are best friends forever. One cannot excel without the other, and it’s an endless learning experience. The net is never ceases to amaze, showcasing the vast talent that lies before us. Food blogs are an important contributors too, some who have inspired me endlessly for so many years.”
I was talking about the online food photography event DMBLGiT. Well it’s back with another edition, the Jul 2015 edition, and this time it’s evolved a bit, trying something new. We are co-hosting the event! By co-hosting we attempt to spread the contest and invite more participants. The contest quality improves and winners get more exposure and wider reach. More details on co-host and July event here.
Three of us, Passionate About Baking, Lemon in Ginger.com and The Spice Train, are co-hosting the event with Neel @ Learn Food Photography. Only good and yummy can come out of this delectable combination, so keep ’em entries rolling in. We’ve got just a few days to go to the deadline – July 20th at midnight C.S.T (Chicago Time)
Criterion for judging:
- Aesthetics: composition, food styling, lighting, focus, etc.
- Edibility: “does the photo make us want to dive in and eat the food?”
- Originality: the photograph that catches our attention and makes us want to say “wow!”, displaying something we might not have seen before.
- Overall Winner: top overall scores in all three categories combined.
There are three overall winners for photographs with the highest point totals in all three categories combined, and one winner in each of the three individual categories.
To be part of DMBLGiT, email me your best photograph taken in June ’15 using the submission instructions below.
- Send your photos as an attachment to dmblgit[at]learnfoodphotography[dot]com with Subject “DMBLGiT Jul 2015″. It is critical that subject of the email matched exactly to what’s mentioned above. You will receive an email confirmation of submission.
- Include this information in your photo submission:
- Your full name:
- Your blog name and URL
- Title of your photograph
- URL to blogpost where submitted photo is posted
- Agreement from you agreeing to let us display your photo on host website, learnfoodphotography.com and DMBLGiT contest gallery. We won’t use your photo for any other purpose outside DMBLGiT.
- Important: File format needs to be jpeg format and longest size should be no longer than 500 pixels. This means for horizontal or landscape format max 500 px width and for vertical or portrait format max 500 px height.
- Photo must not have any text.
- Only one entry per person. One photograph. No diptychs
- This photo should be taken and posted in the month of June 2015
- This goes without saying but I will say it anyway – you must have taken this photograph and should have copyrights to this photo.
- Entries must be received by July 20th at midnight C.S.T (Chicago Time) using all requirements described in the photo requirements section.
- More information and FAQs if required can be found here.
Don’t miss a post
Also find me on The Rabid Baker, The Times of India