adapted from The Pasta Bible, pg 138
4tbsp olive oil
250gms boneless lamb; cut into bite sized pieces
6-8 garlic cloves; chopped fine
2-3 bay leaves; torn
1/2 a cup of red wine
4 ripe tomatoes; peeled & chopped fine
2 large red bell peppers; chargrilled & chopped fine
1 cup cooked sweetcorn
Handful of fresh oregano leaves
Salt & black pepper
- Heat 2 tbsps of oil in a pan. Add the chopped garlic & bay leaves & saute on simmer till the oil gets fragrant. Add the lamb, season with salt & pepper, & cook over medium to high heat till the pieces are well browned.
- Pour in the wine & let it bubble until reduced.
- Add the remaining oil, the finely chopped bell roasted red bell pepper, the finely chopped tomatoes, the fresh herbs & the sweetcorn. Mix well.
- Cover & simmer for 30-45 minutes until the lamb is fork tender. Stir occasionally & moisten with water if required. Remove the bay leaves once done.
- When it’s about 20 minutes to go, put water on the boil for the pasta. Cook pasta, toss it with the lamb & roasted bell pepper mixture & serve immediately. A crusty bread on the side makes the meal sing. Add a salad, a glass of red wine, a bunch of flowers & it’s time to party!