Baking| Vanilla Quark Cheesecake {Vanilla Quarktorte} with Roasted Balsamic Strawberries

“All of us have moments in our lives that test our courage. Taking children into a house with white carpet is one of them.”
Erma Bombeck

Vanilla Quark Cake with Balsamic Roasted Strawberries Sorry I’ve been missing yet again and feel like I fell off blogland with life testing me at every level. A mothers life is tough, and know I am not alone. For times like this, this gorgeous moorish Vanilla Quark Cheesecake {Vanilla Quarktorte} with Roasted Balsamic Strawberries offers a perfect boost to the senses!Vanilla Quark Cheesecake with Balsamic Roasted Strawberries A celebration of surviving motherhood, being alive and knowing that food brings ultimate comfort! I love a good cheesecake. Who doesn’t?Vanilla Quark Cheesecake with Roasted Balsamic Strawberries Living in India, a cheesecake was quite an alien concept about 10 years ago. The internet brought with it delicious food blogs with myriad cuisines and delightful desserts, one of which was a cheesecake. Ingredients like Philly cream cheese were difficult to come by and very expensive locally, so began the quest for an easier option.Quark curd cheeseThat brought me to discover a most wonderful curd cheese, quark, which is far easier an option IMHO. I have repeatedly made it at home successfully, with varying degrees of fat, and love experimenting with it. The good thing is that you can plan ahead and make it 2-3 days before you intend to use it and its an inexpensive option, and possibly lower in calories too.Vanilla Quark Cheesecake with Balsamic Roasted StrawberriesVanilla Quark Cheesecake with Balsamic Roasted StrawberriesStrawberries have all but disappeared but I had a jar of roasted balsamic strawberries in the fridge. Fruit in desserts still is one of my favourite experiments, whether baked like here, or then in frozen desserts like in this Strawberry Fro Yo. As the mercury rises, the very fragile strawberry is hardly visible at the fruit vendor, but delightfully enough, cherries ave begun to make an appearance!Vanilla Quark Cheesecake with Balsamic Roasted StrawberriesYou can make this with a balsamic cherry topping, like the topping I used in this Bittersweet Chocolate Marquise with Crème Chantilly & Balsamic Cherry Sauce about a year ago, last Mothers Day! Vanilla Quark Cheesecake with Roasted Balsamic Strawberries The quark in this  Vanilla Quarktorte lent beautiful texture and flavour to the cheesecake, as Mr PAB commented … quite like the cheesecake we had in Toronto in 1996! Some tastes linger on and it is always rewarding to hear a positive recollect!Vanilla Quark Cheesecake with Balsamic Roasted StrawberriesThe colours and flavours all come alive in this remarkably easy preparation. The base is simple, and made a little more yummy {and healthier} with some almonds thrown in. The batter too is very simple and made in a jiffy. Its a great make ahead dessert that rests overnight. If you have time, do top it with roasted sweet strawberries or cherries. I would love to do a chocolate variation one day, hopefully soon!Vanilla Quark Cheesecake with Balsamic Roasted Strawberries

Vanilla Quark Cheesecake with Balsamic Roasted StrawberriesUntil then, enjoy this beautiful dessert. A Happy Mothers Day to all you wonderful women … it’s just round the corner! Vanilla Quark Cheesecake with Roasted Balsamic Strawberries

Comments

1. I keep seeing your recipes with quark… and keep saying I have to make one of them… maybe this one!! :)

2. I’m thinking if I can made one of it.Hope I can.Thanks for sharing your recipes.

3. So delicious! I am a big fan of quark cheesecakes. I’ve added your link to my list of strawberry recipes (http://rosas-yummy-yums.blogspot.com/2012/05/strawberry-picking-around-web.html)…

4. Strawberries are out of season here in the south :( Got Balsamic Vinegar last week, wonder if you were my inspiration :) Got to try this, looks tempting.

5. Delicious kind of dessert..I cant wait to make this one I really appreciate the recipe..

6. WOW!!! The cheese cake looks way too tempting. I must try this sometime. Great recipe Deeba :)

7. Srimathi says:

As always you make food look the best. I saw some recipes from my daughter’s kids cook book about quark.

8. I have to try to make quark cheese soon, I love everything you’ve made with it. This cheesecake looks divine, love the strawberry topping.

9. Gera@Sweets Foods Blog says:

No doubt that in this global world, we are all interconnected, even in foods. Today are desserts and dishes that can be found on places that you never expect.
    Fruity desserts are superb….well desserts in general are superb ;-)

Really this cheesecake is scrumptious :-)

Have a great weekend!

Gera

10. This looks incredibly delicious! Happy mother’s day to you :)

11. I love this type of cheese-fruit cakes, beautiful

12. Katynas says:

It looks really delicious:) I’d like to know what size of baking tin do you use?

13. I love cheesecakes and this one sounds divine! Thanks for sharing your recipe.

14. Oh.. all those strawberries – how perfect for the season! Your blog always makes me hungry :-)

15. simran kamath says:

this is soooooooo good!……i love cheesecakes..have never tried quark..will remedy this soon…the snaps are, as usual, awesome!!!!!!

16. Very tempting cheese cake! Every time I see a recipe with quark cheese by you I think of making them at home… I think now its high time I have to experiment and make some of these beautiful desserts :)….
    Happy Mothers Day to you too Deeba!

17. Your take on cheesecake is very unique! I had not even heard of quark until just now and I love the idea of combining strawberries with balsamic vinegar. What a delicious dessert! Hope you’re having a fun weekend!

18. What an awesome cheesecake! I’ll have to do that too!

19. Charlie says:

Hello Deeba:

This is my first time on your blog. I like what I see and will be back.

I live in Canada and have access to Philadelphia cream cheese.

I find it much too rich and prefer Quark, Ricotta and Marscapone Cheese.

Thank you for sharing this recipe. I have been looking for one for quite a while.

Have a Joyful Day
    Charlie

20. Colleen says:

Hi! This is also my first time on your blog. Will be back for sure. This looks stunning!

21. Dear Deeba always I enjoyed your blogs pictures are amazing! and love this with strawberries!! :))

22. You had me rolling with those quotes :) I am so glad you shared this recipe. Cheese cakes have been a bit of an uphill task for me, this one seems easy to put together. Gonna be trying it out soon. Also i made tiger loaf and it came out amazingly good. Mentioned you This is a great recipe, one i can follow and finally make a cheese cake.

23. This seemed for me to be the right recipe to attempt a cheese cake again.

24. Happy Mother’s Day to you too Deeba! And kudos to you for being so regular with feeding PAB gorgeous stuff, am barely able to do anything with my kids around! Philadelphia Cream cheese is horribly expensive and I have not tasted success with baked cheesecake yet, this looks delicious and very do-able. I shall try this soon!

25. Maryden25 says:

Another yummy and delicious cake recipe! I’m not really sure if I can get the procedure right but I hope I can at least perfect the cheesecake.
    Thanks for sharing this!

26. Ohmy, those strawberries! I can still remember how my mother used to bake a strawberry pie when I was little. I guess it’s time to reciprocate the deed. I’ll surprise her with this on Mother’s Day! Thanks for the share!

27. Barry says:

28. Joanne says:

Awesome recipe thanks for sharing i can now baked this and give as a gift for my mom this mothers day.

29. I was very pleased to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Big thanks for the useful info…..

30. mamatkamal says:

Great post Deeba! I ‘ve never tried to make quark cheese! Your pics, as always, are magic, everything looks perfect and this slice of cheesecake is so tempting! You’re right being a mother, is not always that easy, but we try our best! Big hug and have a great day.
    Cheers
    Mamatkamal

31. Heidi19 says:

Wow! what a mouthwatering cheese cake. I have to make it tonight. Thanks for sharing your recipe!