Baking| No Knead Buttermilk Chicken Pizza… Where Jim Lahey finds What Katie Ate!

No Knead Buttermilk Chicken Pizza This was a pizza waiting to be made and I’m not sure what took me so long to get here. It’s a summer pizza, or maybe spring if that’s the season you are in. Light, crisp airy crust, minimum sauce and happy toppings! I’ve had Jim Laheys No Knead pizza dough bookmarked for ages, and then one day I read a post on What Katie Ate and there she had the most inspirational food flooding her beautiful blog. It was time for No Knead Pizza with Buttermilk Chicken.No Knead Buttermilk Chicken Pizza I’ve read only good stuff about Jim Laheys No Knead Pizza Dough and the temptation was too much a few days ago. How luxurious can a foodie feel if she has a slow rising dough sitting out on the counter, made kneaded stirred together the previous evening. I hopped out of bed and raced to see if had risen… and of course it had!No Knead Buttermilk Chicken PizzaInspiration came from Katies delicious blog. That buttermilk chicken pizza stayed in my head for a few days. After stirring the pizza dough, I dunked the chicken in the buttermilk mustard mix to enjoy a slow overnight marinade. Love make ahead bits of recipes!! No Knead Buttermilk Chicken Pizza The rest happened the next morning. I stirred up a a quick pizza sauce, trying to keep it minimalistic, enough to perk the base and chicken but not too overpowering. Just chicken on top is good if you use a pizza sauce like in Katies recipe, but since I had no sour cream, watercress, walnuts etc, I added some bell peppers and onions  … cheese of course!No Knead Buttermilk Chicken Pizza Nom Nom Nom! Mr PAB declared this was the best one yet, almost like a wood fire pizza we had a while ago, one which has always been the benchmark for comparison. Great thin crisp crust, beautiful blend of flavours, delicious subtle chicken. Did I forget to tell you I pickled some red & green chilies the other day? They went on top as well! Even the ‘now threatening to be quite terrible‘ preteen munched them up as they weren’t too hot!No Knead Buttermilk Chicken Pizza The vegetable vendor had packed me a bag of red and green chilies the other day, knowing how much I love vibrant colours. Got home and looked at my now almost empty bottle of quick pickled cucumbers that I made for the DB Dutch Crunch Bread or Tijgerbrood … the chilies could would go in there.No Knead Buttermilk Chicken Pizza Snipped with my kitchen scissors in a matter of minutes, they were soon submerged in the mix of white vinegar, a dash of sugar and salt. They sat in the fridge and two days later we enjoyed nice tangy peppers. Makes a nice addition to sandwiches and wraps, and a great topping for pizza. Nice and zingy, mildly hot too! I sometimes smash a clove or two of garlic and throw it in!

Comments

1. Love this vibrant post with colorful photos! Beautiful beautiful pizza… I can never get enough of homemade pizzas :)

2. A fantastic pizza! Beautiful looking and so mouthwatering.

3. what katie ate is one of the most beautiful blogs!! love love home made pizzas.. just one question.. in the dough you’ve used 1/4 cup gluten… what exactly is that??? beautiful clicks as usual!!

• Hi Sarvani. ‘Gluten is the natural protein found in wheat. It contains 75% protein. A small amount added to yeast bread recipes improves the texture and elasticity of the dough’. We don’t get bread flour here, which is why I add it. You can make dough even sans gluten.

• Shweta says:

Deeba,

Where does one find Gluten in India? I haven’t found stores that stock them in my city? Is there an online resource that I can tap into ?

4. Loving the pizza and the jar of chillies is ACE!

5. Incredibly delicious! I really like Jim Lahey recipes.

6. I wont mind having few slices rite now.

7. Gisele says:

This is like the one my husband is looking for.. I just hope I can make this on my own.. Anyway, thank you for the big help here..

8. Crystal says:

I’m sure its a delicious kind of food..I really want to try it thanks for sharing..

9. Of Course, the pizza looks the best. The sauce is even more enticing.

10. The pizza sounds and looks so good. The base is so easy to create! Definitely must try out….

11. fantastic pizza!..great combination….i love the pickled chillis too….so nice!

12. Looks Pretty and Absolutely Appetizing!

13. RecipeNewZ says:

What a beautiful pizza! And the shots are so colorful and vibrant. You are brilliant, Deeba!

14. OMG, mindblowing Pizaaa, lovely clicks and Happy Toppings….

-Mythreyi
    Yum! Yum! Yum!

15. Dimple says:

That pizza looks so delicious! would want to try it soon! thanks for sharing! :)

16. Lovely pizza..looks so colourful and full of flavours. It is always a treat visiting your blog..interesting read, a visual delight and such great recipes one after the other.

17. Heidi19 says:

Your Chicken Pizza looks delicious and it makes me want to dive in for a bite. I will surely try this. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

18. LOVE this pizza- looks SO good! The preserved chilis sound like an especially awesome topping!

19. Pizza is always a hit in our household…Chicken pizza is a delight for everyone. I am sure my little girl will love this, minus the chilis for the little girl. Thanks!

20. meenakshi says:

hello mam, i follow your blog regularly and have baked some of your delicious recpies. i have read in some of the posted comments ,some of your fans asking for from where to get instant yeast and gluten in delhi, recently i have found a shop in pahar ganj from where i have purchased mauripan instant yeast and gluten . the address of this shop is 3496, dariba pan,pahar ganj, near grand plaza hotel . phone no. 9310008680.. it is on main road opposite to shiela picture hall. they are supplying all baking mixes , icecream mixes, all kind of yeasts ,glutens. i hope my little contribution through your blog will help others.
    thanks

21. meenakshi says:

thanks for publishing my comment . three question to ask regarding this recpie – first ,when to add gluten and olive oil, second should the water at room temperature or lukewarmand third on which rack of the oven should it be bake?

22. debbey says:

I made this pizza , it was delicious but the border was very hard and crunchy , what could be he reason please advice on this. One request ,do you know how to make Chicago style pizza( soft crust) which we get here in India. if you know please teach us that recpie also.
    Hope for the earliest reply.
    Thanks.

23. Can you sub in 1/4 bread flour then? Instead of gluten?

24. wonderful pizza! Amazing photos! Greetings from my kitchen!

25. It can be a pizza for any occasion. I would like to bake my own pizza for our family picnic. I will try your recipe because your recipe looks scrumptious.

Trackbacks

1. [...] See more here: Baking| No Knead Buttermilk Chicken Pizza… Where Jim Lahey … [...]