Baking| Quick Cinnamon Apple Buns with Cinnamon Icing {no yeast} … A Guest Post!

“All human history attests
That happiness for man,the hungry sinner!
Since Eve ate apples,
Much depends on dinner.”
Lord Byron

Quick Apple Cinnamon Buns {no yeast}This recipe is inspired by my search for ‘quick breads‘ when I first saw the Daring Bakers challenge for February. One thing led to another and googling for cinnabons I found several links online to the Cooks Illustrated recipe for Quick Cinnamon Buns. I added apple to the filling too. The QUICK result – Quick Apple Cinnamon Buns!Quick Apple Cinnamon Buns {no yeast} Of course I procrastinated since the challenge said quick breads that would be ready in next to no time, no rising etc. “Yeah, no problem, I can do this tomorrow!“. I did but that tomorrow came too close to posting date.I posted  Double Chocolate Dessert Popovers instead and I’m finally blogging this quick bread to feed a friends hungry blog!Quick Apple Cinnamon Buns {no yeast} These are for Suma @ Cakes & More, a very sweet and extremely helpful food blogger in Bangalore. I have endlessly bothered her for baking stuff from Bangalore that I cannot find in Gurgaon/Delhi, and she obliges happily each time. My list began hesitatingly with dark cocoa {from Nilgiris} and vital gluten … then I stole a mile when offered an inch! Now I regularly get parchment paper, instant active yeast, piping bags and much more from this lovely lady.Quick Apple Cinnamon Buns {no yeast}She hesitatingly asked me a short while ago if I would do a guest post for her, and I was amazed! After all I have pestered her to do, it is her right to ask, and for me to oblige! So for you Suma, here’s a ‘quick bread’ which works great for breakfast, and doubles up as a comforting delicious dessert too.Quick Apple Cinnamon Buns {no yeast}It’s a wonderful feeling to have dessert baking while dinner is served. Bonus … the house smells so good! If you are wary of the yeast monster, these are quick buns for you. And, even if you aren’t afraid of the yeast factor, yet want some fast track yumminess, these are worth every bite. Do head across to Cakes & More for the recipe!

Thanks so very much for guest-posting for me Deeba, am honored! Your delicious buns sure are great for bun- yumminess in a hurry! Butter and cinnamon, heavenly! Shall be baking these soon!
    Suma´s last blog post ..Quick Cinnamon Apple Buns – A Guest Post By Deeba RajpalMy Profile

And its entirely my pleasure to be of any little bit of help to you, you are always most welcome!!
    Suma´s last blog post ..Quick Cinnamon Apple Buns (No Yeast) – A Guest Post By Deeba RajpalMy Profile

Oooh..I’d love to have that bake in my oven! The aroma must be divine!
    Divya Yadava´s last blog post ..Tzatziki and Tabbouleh -at the table with ReemMy Profile

• Completely intrigued by the absence of yeast in this recipe. You’d never guess from your glorious pics.
    Sally – My Custard Pie´s last blog post ..All in good taste?My Profile

Gorgeous buns! This version is intriguing. I bet they taste heavenly.

These cinnamon buns really looks awesome :)

• child anxiety treatment

Wow. I love cinnamon.

These buns look heavenly Deeba.. I love the apple and cinnamon combo !
    Zee´s last blog post ..Fluffy Pancakes with Balsamic Strawberry SauceMy Profile

Oh my this looks decadent and rich and too darned good. And no yeast? I woudl never have guessed. As always you amaze me!
    Meeta´s last blog post ..Orange Vanilla Semolina CakeMy Profile

I can imagine these smelled absolutely heavenly as they baked – they look so sticky and delicious! I’m pretty happy baking with yeast but anything that makes life easier is always a bonus so will definitely be giving these a go. Gorgeous recipe :-)
    thelittleloaf´s last blog post ..Bourke Street Bakery CroissantsMy Profile

Good snack for the kids. I’ll ask my wife to bake this cinnamon bun.

Cinnamon buns without yeast…..I will surely give them a try. This no yeast version excites me as I always wanted to bake cinnamon buns, but was always afraid of the recipes involving yeast (hard to find good yeast in India)

• Gracie

This one looks really yummy to eat..I want to try some of them thanks for sharing the recipe..I would share also to my friend..
    Gracie´s last blog post ..Does Pure African Mango Really Work?My Profile

Wow! Great recipe. I guess I can make this over the weekend.
    Ben´s last blog post ..Salsa BorrachaMy Profile

I’ve made the recipe before and it’s so good, we raved about it.
    Helene´s last blog post ..Product Review – Dempster’s Reformulated WholeGrains 12 Grain BagelMy Profile

If there’s something I absolutely adore, then it’s cinnamon buns. In the past 2 month I made so many versions, in search for the best and favorite recipe. Yours look great!

• And what a decadent breakfast that would be! Lovely.
    Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen´s last blog post ..Canon and Nikon Camera Lens Mug GiveawayMy Profile

These look simply delish!!!!!!
    Do check this out for your supplies! ! … !
    ritu´s last blog post ..Grasshopper PieMy Profile

• Cinnabons!! wowiiee.. had a peek at the recipe too.. didnt look too difficult!! and you get parchment paper in bangalore..should keep that in mind.. the next time someone i know goes there..thanks for the tip!! :)

• Cinnabons!! wowiee..and had a peek at the recipe.. and didnt read too difficult…am tempted to give it a shot!! parchment paper is available in bangalore?? should keep that in mind!! :)) thanks!!
    Sarvani @ baker in disguise´s last blog post ..Irish Soda Bread : ‘Baking with Julia’My Profile

• Maryden25

Thanks for sharing your beautiful recipe Deeba. I love cinnamon and I can’t wait to taste this buns of your. My friends will surely love this too!
    Maryden25´s last blog post ..Coupons For Starbucks FrappuccinoMy Profile

• Charmaine

I want to try this kind of cinnamon bread..Sounds really delicious..Thanks for the recipe looking forward to do this in our home on weekend share to my fiend also..
    Charmaine´s last blog post ..Paper And Ink PRMy Profile

They look amazing! I am going to Cakes & More to check out the recipe :-).
    But before I go, I want to thank you, Deeba, for the comment on my mango mousse cake recipe. I am a HUGE fan of yours, you are one of my baking / bloggin role models, and a compliment from you means a lot to me. Thank you so much – you made my day :-)
    cooking rookie´s last blog post ..Mango Mousse CakeMy Profile

My sweet lady, you are so talented. That mousse is stunning. Thank you for your sweet words *blush*. You made my day too!!

• Miriam Born

Its a great kind of recipe thanks for sharing..I cant wait to try this looks nice to eat..
    Miriam Born´s last blog post ..Is it goodMy Profile

Those pictures are making my mouth water. I really want a cinnamon bun now.
    Toaster Ovens Reviews´s last blog post ..Buyer’s Guide – The Best Toaster Oven ReviewsMy Profile

Wow these cinnamon apple buns are perfectly baked and it is rich and moist. Anything with cinnamon is a crowd pleaser. Iam salivating here dear :)
    San´s last blog post ..Roasted CauliflowerMy Profile

• Rob Johnson

Looks delicious! What a great taste and mouthfeel these must have, thanks!

Deeba, these were the awesome-st buns I ever had!! :) Being a lover of anything apple-pie’ish, I knew I had to try this eggless, yeast-less bun :) Thanks for being available to solve queries too!

My DH loved it totally and so did my son and the rest of the family. A pity I made only one recipe… I have made some extra white butter so that I can make this quick bun again this week :)

Thanks again for sharing!!

Hey Smita…that was QUICK! So glad you enjoyed them. I make whhite butter and freeze it in 100gm lots every week. Just makes life simpler for quick bakes like these!!

• Bianca

Quick Cinnamon Apple Buns with Cinnamon Icing..
    Sounds delicious..
    I’ll try to bake it..
    this week end..
    Bianca´s last blog post ..Hotel in PaigntonMy Profile

These look divine! I always make them with yeast and they take forever. I am going to try to bake them tomorrow. I can just smell them now!

Hi Deeba, Made this last week, it came out superb. Loved it and everyone else too. Thanks for sharing.
    Pan Cuisine´s last blog post ..Naga Fish Curry/ Fish in Bamboo-ShootMy Profile

Ever feel down? Cinnamon is definitely the cure. Just the smell of ground cinnamon can change a persons mood. Your buns look great and should be in everyone “medicine cabinet”

Great stuff!

• Renea

Nice kind of food to eat..Thanks for sharing this to us..
    Renea´s last blog post ..Article Writer DevonMy Profile