Dessert| White & Dark Chocolate Mousse Dessert with Strawberries … HAPPY 2012!!

“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”
Charles Dickens

White & Dark Chocolate Dessert with StrawberriesAnother year draws to a close, merging easily from 2011 into a spanking new 2012. A time-line crossed with celebrations, yet a day like any other. For me, a fulfilling year, one with challenges galore {read pre-teen and teen challenges}, minutes disappearing into days, always a lack of time, yet always time for good food! Raising a toast to a wonderful 2012 for all of you … with these delectable White & Dark Chocolate Desserts with Strawberries.  These are on par with the chocolate covered strawberries that everyone loves to eat.White & Dark Chocolate Dessert with StrawberriesI look back at my blog with satisfaction, with loads of retrospective thoughts, with knowledge that I could have done better, and with happiness at some stuff well done. I loved 2011 for macarons, for fruit like strawberries, for chocolate, for cakes, for bread, for #applelove … for friends galore, and for some small recognition in the local media.Le Macarons 2011A fulfilling journey in every way, a happy learning curve as always but in the end a humbling feeling to hear from my readers. I am honoured to share a few of the words that came into my inbox from day to day this year, a peep at a few … This is what makes PAB so worthwhile for me. You have inspired me through the years.White & Dark Chocolate Dessert with StrawberriesWhite & Dark Chocolate Dessert with StrawberriesSome days I feel pressurised and suddenly want a blog break, and then ‘that mail’ comes as sunshine to my world, bringing a huge smile on my face. These are words that spur me on, the ‘fuel‘ for my blog, my inspiration …White & Dark Chocolate Dessert with StrawberriesThis post is for you dear readers, and for you, all you wonderful food bloggers, who keep my virtual world so inspired, so colourful and sinfully delicious. For the new year, I wish you all the happiness and peace in the world, good healthy food, loads of sunshine … and a goblet of sweetness, a dash of colour! THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!White & Dark Chocolate Dessert with StrawberriesNo resolutions for me. This year I have tried to be more patient {have achieved it to quite an extent}, I have managed to train and tame a playful pup yet had less luck with taming the terrible teens, have enjoyed fruit of each season, have discovered a new found love for the humble aubergine, am still stuck on auto on the camera, have had less time on twitter … and am now ready for the new year!White & Dark Chocolate Dessert with StrawberriesClichéd as it may sound, hope the year brings more promise, more time as we have a full 365 days to begin with, better time management, yummy recipes and real time tête-à-têtes with my sweet blog pals. I traveled east quite a bit in 2011 {did Hong Kong a couple of times, Sydney, Tokyo}, and wish I can head to Nantes this year … maybe!White & Dark Chocolate Dessert with StrawberriesHere’s wishing for another sweet year of good food, colour, inspiration, more savoury fare, more food for thought and maybe for the soul too! Hoping I have more time to bloghop and tweet … let the good times roll into the next year!White & Dark Chocolate Dessert with StrawberriesTime for a little break, time to bake a cake as the ‘not so terrible anymore teen‘ turns 16 in a couple of days { the New Year is always busy here with her birthday on the 2nd of Jan}, a chocolate and strawberry cake for her is to be ‘produced’ on demand … and then I’ll be back!White & Dark Chocolate Dessert with Strawberries

White & Dark Chocolate Dessert with Strawberries Until then, I leave you with sweet wishes for a wonderful 2012! Usher in the year with a nice classy dessert, maybe like this, which is simple, delicious, eggless and can be made ahead. The white chocolate pairs beautifully with the dark, and the strawberries compliment the dessert beautifully. Serve it in fun individual wine glasses or goblets and ENJOY!!White & Dark Chocolate Dessert with Strawberries

[print_this]Recipe: White & Dark Chocolate Dessert with Strawberries
your picture

Summary: A classy combination of white and dark chocolate topped with a strawberry puree … easy and dramatic, leaves you asking for more! {Adapted from Divine Chocolate Desserts by Jose Marechal}

Total Time: 40 minutes

• Strawberry Puree
  • 300gm strawberries, chopped fine
  • 2-3tbsp powdered sugar {increase/decrease as per tartness of strawberries}
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • 1tbsp water

1. White Chocolate Mousse
  2. Soften the gelatin in 1/4 cup water.
  3. Bring 100ml cream to a simmering boil. Remove, stir in the gelatin mixture util dissolved and then pour over the white chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has melted. Cool to room temperature.
  4. Whip the remaining cream to soft medium peaks, and gently fold into the white chocolate mixture.
  5. Fill 1/2 of this in 6-8 serving glasses {less than half full} and leave to set in the fridge for an hour. Leave the remaining white chocolate mousse out at room temperature.
  6. Meanwhile, make the Dark Chocolate Mousse.
  7. Place the cream and dark chocolate in a heavy bottom pan and simmer until the chocolate has melted. Take off heat and whisk until smooth. Cool.
  8. Distribute between dessert glasses and chill for 20-30 minutes, then top with the remaining white chocolate mousse.
  9. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour, or until when required.
  10. Make the Strawberry Puree.
  11. Lightly crush the chopped strawberries with the powdered sugar with a fork until the strawberries release their juices. Mix in the rest of the ingredients and reserve in a bowl in the fridge. Distribute over the glasses before serving.

[/print_this]

#Welcome2012 Blog Hop. This virtual party is being hosted at Lite Bite.

61 Comments

ah dear Deeba what wonderful post and beautiful pics my dear, I love this dessert:)
    Happy New Year my dear Deeba!!! xoxoxoxo

• Janaki

Hi Happy New to you and your family…I am you secret recipe stalker for a while now…hehe…
    Have a blissful year ahead…Love from Dubai

That mail is indeed special:) You must receive bags full.
    I am an admirer also..This post is no exception..I love how you incorporated the note..

Health and happiness to you and yours in 2012.

Happy New Year Deeba! Beautiful post, loved reading the appreciation mails…they are so well deserved. A fabulous dessert to usher in the new year.

• Soma Sengupta

Great post. Thanks!

You are certainly a constant inspiration and all the comments you posted here are more than well deserved. Thanks for your beautiful work and here’s to a very happy and healthy 2012 for us all!! Cheers, Patricia

Deeba – You are a constant source of inspiration and the comments you posted here are more than well deserved. Thank you for all your beautiful work and here’s to a wonderful, happy and fun 2012 for everyone. Cheers, Patricia

A beautiful dessert and a wonderful way of starting the year!

Best wishes for 2012!

Happy New Year! Great going, hoping to see some great recipes in 2012, and hope you get to Nantes!

• Anna

Like the strike using the chocolat, the color just so match

• You can’t go wrong with chocolate and strawberries! Looks wonderfully decadent!

Deeba! Happpy Happy 2012 to the most most fave n top blogger of my cooking world! Read-Baking world! I happen to catch up MasterChef2, Vijayalakshmi frm Gurgaon..she did her best wt the donuts n marshm. was wondering (secretly wishing!), if my fave. thats you would ever make appearance in such a level of competition! It wd b a visual treat! Honestly..so carrying forward my wishes for you, I wish you a lovely world of Cooking/Baking for 2012!

These pots are just awesome, and thanks for dedicating it to us, hundreds-thousands of readers, who love love love your blog in totality for everything..all these excerpts of readers you hv put up, presents my thoughts as well in their words! U are leagues above in your work, in your lovely humble choice of words, simplest of directions n modesty which is bound to bring envy, consistent since I know this place n visit it! May the New Year, 2012, give u everything best you wish out of it!!Heartfelt wishes.

Happy 2012!!! Wish you all the very best that this year has to offer.
    A lovely post. Nice way to start the year.

Happy 2012 !!!
    A lovely post to start the year!

• Happy new year to you and your readers! Thank you for your inspiring posts.

I love your post! Your quotes are from my favorite authors…Indeed! We are starting the year right. We start with uncertainties, but we carry hope and determination. We are aware it won’t be all easy and smooth but it won’t hurt to bring something sweet along the way, like this dark choco-strawberry treat! Lovely! Thanks for sharing. Now, we are ready for the year ahead…Bring it on 2012!

The mousse looks lovely.

Wow!! I just made some Pineapple zabaglione today and was planning for a mousse…Have bookmarked this 🙂 Thanks!!

A bang on start for 2012 on PAB with a perfect dessert and an equally wonderful post! Loved reading all the inspirational comments and quotes here.
    The best that 2011 gave me is the chance (read honour) to know this lovely blogger a little more closely through AFBHLS.
    Hope to be together for more of such foodie fun in coming days and to bake more goodies from this awe inspiring blog. Best wishes and happy new year to you and yours.

Happy 2012 to you too Sanjeeta. Tried to add to the linky but keep getting an error. Will try again in a bit. Thank you for hosting another great do.

It needs to be approved before it appears. (To keep a check on spammers adding unwanted links to the blog hop). Let me check the Linky tool..will add this post by myself. Am sure everyone would be excited to have this awesome foodie join the party…who me..I am thrilled 🙂
        xo.

Wow Deeba, You are truly an inspiration. Yours was one of the earlier blogs that used to frequent for recipe inspiration. I used to browse post by post and lost track of time feeling enamored by your photos and writing. This was even before I started my own blog.
    You deserve every bit of admiration and appreciation that comes your way.
    Here’s wishing you and your beautiful family a brilliant New Year.
    xx
    Anita

• Always wonderful pictures and lovely recipes. Have a great 2012!

Sweet, sweet Deeba! What a beautiful, touching, wondrful post. Gorgeous montage and photos, as always, and absolutely charming how you slip in the wise and wonderful words of your readers. And I came across your wish…no, your RESOLUTION to visit Nantes in 2012 and it made me smile, laugh and cry all at once. You are a dear friend, an inspiration and fun to work with. And you cheer me up and make me laugh with your emails and your crazy troubles with electricity and your teen woes. We must see each other this year! Thanks for being my friend. xo And WOW these chocolate strawberry desserts are fabulous! Hugs and best wishes to you and the family! (and a bed is waiting)

You deserve all of the accolades, inspiration and kindness out there Deeba. I hope that 012 brings you even more fulfilling moments, times if comfort and sheer joy.

This is such a beautiful and heart warming post with gorgeous post. Wish you and yours a very happy new year!!

Lovely , touching and heartwarming – Deeba you are an amazing lady and so glad you were a part of my 2011. Looking forward to 2012 with you and here’s hoping to seeing you again soon!

Wow these look so pretty!!! And i’m sure they taste even better 🙂 And I love you used low fat cream hehe it makes it seem healthier 🙂 Happy New Year!

What a beautiful posts, you inspire so many, including me 🙂 Those mousse parfaits are gorgeous..I love white chocolate mousse, and the dark chocolate mousse is such a great contrast with it’s deep, slightly bitter tones. The strawnerry topping sparkles like gems! Everything you make is stunning! Looking forward to more of that in 2012. Wishing you and your family a happy and healthy New Year!! 🙂

Hi Deeba,
    You have a beautiful space here. The mousse looks so delicious!!! The photographs are exquisite. Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year.

what a beautiful post Deeba. and yes my dear, you have been such an inspiration to so many of us… your joie de vivre, amazing food and stunning pictures…. its a reflection of the warmth of your heart! and now on that senti note…. have a fantastic year ahead…. pls do not take a blog break! muah!

A beautiful and touching post to start the New year! You have heard this so many times, but you are an inspiration to many many of us Deeba! PAB absolutely rocks and so do you! Wish you and your family a very happy new year, many many more accolades for PAB!

The dessert looks stunning, loved the colors, must have tasted fab too!

Happy New Year dear Deeba!
    You are such an inspiration to me and to many others. Your recipes are spectacular and the photos really great!

Happy New Year! Lovely & simple desserts 🙂

I can’t believe how beautiful they look, what a lovely presentation and great pictures

• Charlene

Fantastic dessert! I love the looks, I love the recipe! I will try to do this this week end… Just looking at the pictures, I can’t help my mouth from watering… Yummy!

• Lorna H. Litwin

Wow! This looks yummy!!! Happy new year thanks for posting this. I will try this I hope I can make this 🙂

looks fab, i have a question.. for the white choco mouse layer did u use 300 ml or 200 ml of low fat cream?

Hey Deeps. Thanks for stopping by. In the white choc mousse, I used 100ml at room temperature and 200ml chilled.

• Alexandra

I want to try this kind of dessert looks so yummy..Thanks for sharing this to us..

• joyce

Thanks for sharing this inspiring and useful post to us…

• Such a stunning beautiful dessert! Love the contrasting colors. Congratulations on a fabulous year, all your accolades are well deserved. I hope the upcoming year is even more fabulous and you do make it to Nantes. Happy New Year!

What an awesome post and love the comments – so many nice ones and you deserve them all – happy new year!

Wishing you a very happy New Year Deeba!! Can’t wait to see what you have to share with us during 2012. 🙂

You dessert looks sooooooo delicious! Love love the photography:-) I look forward to following you, your photography is very inspirational! Happy New Year! Hugs, Terra

Consider me a new fan of your site! I love food, and your site is just so inspirational!

Happy, happy new year to you and your family dear Deeba. Hang in there with the terrible teens, it can only get better. I am not surprised you receive so many wonderful emails, you are a truly lovely person, your warmth shines through in every post (and over the phone 😉 ), I feel so honoured to bake along with you for MacAttack and whenever I visit your blog, I always leave with a smile. You are truly passionate dear lady and I hope the year ahead be filled with many, many good things for you, you deserve them!

Oh and the dessert looks amazing too, but you knew that right? 😉

Hi,

That was a wonderful post.. I am a regular here and thought I would share my latest post with you as it contains a reference to your blog.

Do check it out, and have a happy new year

T

Stunning. Looks absolutely delicious. I just bought some strawberries. I can’t wait to make it!

What a delightful blog, Deeba!I have always been a fan and go through your space every now and then.Love your recipes and your photographs..just looking at them makes me hungry!keep blogging and happy new year!!

Gorgeous photos! We’ll be making these delectable treats over the long weekend.

Beautiful BEAUTIFUL photographies! I really love the way you put your props together and the way you had your background set up!!!

• WendyLavigne

Thank you for sharing the recipe..I am sure this is delicious..Thanks for sharing..

• Paula Jones

Your recipe for white and dark chocolate with straw berries looks abolutely delicious. Hea are some other suggestion: Try a light cofee or caramel or both in the chocolate, it will bring bring to the table a more sophisticated delicious touch to it.

• manjeet

Hey Deeba,
    Is there any tip for dissolving gelatine – powdered in water in a warm and humid place like Mumbai?
    I wanted a firm jelly but could not get one despite trying very hard 🙁

What a beautiful blog! I am so inspired with your recipe!

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to be part of a group sushi course! WOW!

For leaves pluck the leaves and put it on your back by applying
    a small amount of non-pore-clogging oil, such as nodules and cysts.

Backne is street slang for autoimmune hemolysis. These are only ten
    of the most important things you can do to keep your skin dirty and oily and make it easier for your pores
    to get clogged. Many medications are used in combination with the natural oil formation on the skin
    causes an infection which result in acnepimples. Take the necessary steps to clear
    and prevent future outbreaks.