Baking|Barbara’s Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake with Balsamic Strawberry & Cream Filling {Eggless}

“Chocolate is the only aromatherapy I need.”
Jasmine Heiler

Eggless Layered Chocolate & Strawberry CakeI have a special love for layered cakes, and find them charming and whimsical. Some months go by without an anniversary or birthday and ‘no party cake‘ months makes me sad, as April  seemed to be! There was a cake I longed to bake, an old fashioned chocolate cake on Barbara’s beautiful blog. Old fashioned always makes a connect with me, telling tales of days gone by in old stone kitchens and huge ovens where ladies gathered together to bake, sharing recipes and experiences, strengthening friendships that would last a lifetime …Eggless Layered Chocolate & Strawberry CakeCut to now. Visiting food blogs always leaves me INSPIRED! The quintessential question … What to make and what not to? This one cake was high on my list, and then came along The Secret Recipe Club, the brainchild of the very talented & sweet Amanda of Amanda’s Cookin’. The idea behind the club – Each month you are “assigned” a participating food blogger to make a recipe from. It’s a secret, so don’t tell them you are making something from their blog!Eggless Layered Chocolate & Strawberry CakeThe blog assigned to me was one of my favourite food bloggers – sweet, generous, fun girlfriend Barbara @ Barbara Bakes. I was THRILLED, and knew just what to bake – her  Old-Fashioned Chocolate Cake with Maraschino Cherry Filling. I had 2 boxes of lush, red strawberries, so I decided to go with a balsamic strawberry filling. I knew they would pair well too!Eggless Layered Chocolate & Strawberry CakeWhat caught my attention about the cake when I saw it first was that it was EGGLESS, yet so moist and delicious looking. I am often asked by my readers for eggless cake recipes. I’ve posted 2 eggless recipes a while ago, both cakes very nice. Yet this one is special because it is a layered cake, eggless, no butter and chocolaty moist! I filled it with a balsamic strawberry and cream filling, and slathered it with a deep decadent chocolate ganache  using a 65% dark chocolate – divine!Eggless Layered Chocolate & Strawberry CakeEggless cakes always seem challenging to me as I’m impatient to get to the other end. Will they ‘deliver’ the promise of a good moist cake, rich in taste and flavour? Is there something I can offer my readers who often ask for an eggless cake recipe? This cake lived up to the promise and DELIVERED a wonderful cake, good to the last crumb {a cake that didn’t last long!} Strawberries and chocolate are a fantastic pairing and this is a great make ahaed cake as the flavours get mature over a couple of hours. I set the cake out about an hour before it had to be served.Eggless Layered Chocolate & Strawberry CakeMr PAB has not stopped singing praises of it as yet. This was immensely enjoyed by everyone and is certainly one not to be given a miss! If possible make it in 2 cake tins. I trimmed the cake with an 8″ dessert ring, and trimmed off a sliver thin slice from the top and bottom, and then sliced the cake ito 4 even layers. As the weather has turned very very warm already, I layered the slices with the filling and left it to set in the dessert ring for an hour {while we had lunch}.Eggless Layered Chocolate & Strawberry Cake The rest of course was  just a simple ganache to cover the cake, and the quickest way to dress it up that I know of, a web. Thank you GF for blogging this absolute winner, and thank you Amanda for assigning me Barbara’s blog. This is my first ‘secret‘ recipe of The Secret Recipe Club, and it’s been a FUN  beginning. Here’s to many more!!Eggless Layered Chocolate & Strawberry Cake

Just got a mail from Babble.com – “Congratulations! You are a Readers’ Choice Mom Food Blogger for 2011! Your blog has been nominated by the public as a supplement to our Top 100 Mom Food Blog list. Clearly your blog is a fan favorite when it comes to the best family-friendly recipes on the web, and we are so happy to recognize your achievements!” {Vote here}

Comments

1. Can I have a slice? NOW??? :)

2. Your cakes are always gorgeous and enticing and this is no different. Don’t mind me if I have a slice or two or the entire cake.

3. How beautiful Deeba! This looks so delicious! I am so glad you joined the fun, can’t wait for next month!

4. It can’t get better or more beautiful than this. But you know, sister, I say that each and every time I visit! What an absolutely stunning cake and scrumptious! Wow, chocolate with cream and berries. Absolutely the best! xoxo Sometimes, Deeba, I am just too overcome that I am at a loss for words!

5. Deeba, this cake is just stunning! Although I do not usually care for baking cakes I think I must bookmark this cake to make for our anniversary in June. I love strawberries in balsamic so the filling sounds perfect. Thanks for the idea and for the gorgeous photos that inspire me to dust off my cake pans!

6. Your cake is perfect and professional looking! I bet it tastes divine.

7. Oh MY GOD Deeba!!! That is one heavenly looking cake. I am not a very chocolate person but this cake of yours has got me drooling. Just yummy!! The pictures does complete justice to the dessert :)

8. This cake is a showstopper and I bet it tastes as good as it looks! Love your photos, Deeba :) Happy Monday!

9. That looks divine and what a fun group that sounds like! Barbara aka mum is such a wonderful baker isn’t she! :D

10. Wow, I don’t know that I could make this half as pretty, but I really want to make it.

11. Thats a yummy visual treat… Can I have a big slice.. Feel like drooling over it the entire day…

12. Cant take my eyes from ur clicks, cake looks simply out of the world, feel like having that inviting slice..

13. Your site is a delight to the eyes! Just want to bite into that piece of cake!

14. Wow, lovely work, absolutely perfect.
    I would never be able to make something so beautiful, you have a create skill.
    Awesome photos too ♥

15. This is beautiful.

16. wow! I would never think that this cake is eggless! it looks fab!

17. Helene says:

Does not look eggless. I like baking layer cakes also but does not do it often. Beautiful as always.

18. Sheesh–that looks divine! As your posts always do. What I love about this one and must try it is that it is eggless–which for me means less fat, which is what I need! ;) Can’t wait for more secrets coming up!

19. This I am so making Deeba! Eggless and Butterless is a dream cake for me. And it looks completely moist and delicious too. What more cld one ask for in a cake? :)) Beautiful shots as always and congrats on being voted to the Top Mom food bloggers :)) You deserve it . :)

20. This is beautiful Deeba! You make me long for a chocolate cake now!

21. I’m so happy you loved the cake. Mine never looked as fabulous as yours. I love how you changed it. Such an honor to be called your friend. Congratulations on you well deserved nomination!

22. Stunning cake Deeba. I almost licked the screen :D

23. beautifully done delicious looking cake

24. What a beautiful cake! I love multi-layered cakes, because it means I get to eat more filling.

25. Eggless???? Nooooo way! Stunning pictures as usual Deeba! The secret club sounds like so much fun!!

26. Amazing cake – it’s hard to believe that it has noo eggs and butter… Beautiful, beautiful photos.. And as a bonus I also learned about the secret recipe club :-).
    Thanks!

27. For some reason, for the last couple of days, I couldn’t get this page to load. I’m glad I was persistent though, I wouldn’t have wanted to miss out on such a beautiful cake. Now, If only I could reach into my screen and take a slice…
    *kisses* HH

• My CPU is throttling your highness…that’s what they tell me {and I can’t seem to do a thing about it!!}. Thank you for your perseverance… I am touched! xo

28. You have the best strawberry recipes Vindee.And you never run out on ideas to picture them differently every time.I love everything about this eggless cake.Always on a look out for eggless recipes.Have quite a few relatives who have egg allergies.Congratulations on the nomination.

29. You really know how to make a beautiful cake, always very impressive. The first time I tried an eggless chocolate cake like this I wasn’t sure it was going to work, but lo and behold it came out nice and moist.

30. Gorgeous! What a fantastic job you’ve done and now I’m inspired!!!

31. Love to bake says:

This cake looks amazing. I love the balsamic strawberry filling. Thanks for sharing.

32. Love to bake says:

This cake looks amazing. I love the blasamic strawberry filling. Thanks for sharing

33. This looks incredible! Do you think coconut oil could be subbed for the vegetable oil? Thanks!

34. Wow! Cake looks scrumptious with moist looking perfect crumb . Deeba, do you have a recipe for eggless vanilla cake ?

35. yogalili says:

GORGEOUS! BEAUTIFUL! As always!!!:)

36. April says:

This looks so delicious!! I am printing 2 copies, a coworker has a granddaughter that is allergic to eggs, so I am giving her a copy too. So that she may make a special cake for her occasionly :) I can’t wait to try it too :~)
    Thanks.

37. April says:

This is looks absolutely delicious! I can’t wait to try it! I printed off 2 copies…. one for me & one for a coworker, as she has a granddaughter that is alergic to eggs, this way she’ll have a special recipe for a special little girl! :~)

38. Sounds like such a fun group to be a part of! This cake looks absolutely decadent and delicious!

Oh, and congrats on the nomination! You have my vote!

39. Thanks you so much for posting this recipe. I tried it out and my son who is allergic to eggs proclaimed it as the “best cake ever”.

40. It looks fantastic!

41. gajramunot says:

hi deeba have come over to my mom’s place in Indore and just saw this cake and i knew i had to make it!!! oh but woe is me i used amul cream and the damn thing judt wouldn’t beat stiff and then i just plonked the strawberry mix into it anyways, as i type am getting ready to do the ganache. Deeba what could i have done wrong pls., tell me, am soo sad!!!

42. KC Quaretti-Lee says:

Deeba, your description make me rush right over here to check out this incredible cake…I’m shivering with chocolate delight! I have just created an intensly chocolate cake (flourless) that I top with fresh strawberries and vanilla whipped cream! Now I’m going to make yours this weekend!

43. That is one truly gorgeous layer cake!

44. This looks perfect! This is art baby! I love your cake, because I’m also passionate about chocolate and strawberries. Lovely and delicious!

45. Now that is a stunner. YUM!!

46. This cake was absolutely delicious and so so easy to make. The only problem I had was that it cracked a lot on the top. Am wondering if using a dark, non-stick cake pan has anything to do with it??

Laura

47. Oh my, this is BEAUTIFUL! I have a cousin visiting this weekend who has allergies, and this cake just might be the dessert I’ve been searching for. So glad I found your site. I have a burning question, though. Please share how you made that web and what you used. I tried for a similar effect on a cheesecake I made recently and it didn’t work out as I envisioned. I wanted it to look like the design on your cake. Please share!!

48. Oh wow… this cake looks SO delicious and so professional and fancy!

My husband would love it for his birthday because he’s a chocoholic… and I would love it because it satisfies my longing to make pretty and complicated recipes :)

-Carissa

49. What did you use to make the white icing/piping on top of the cake?

50. Sarah says:

Made this today…. divine.

51. Dee, how did I miss this.. it’s LOVELY and one that I must try asap.. thanks much :)

52. pooja says:

Hi Deeba

Want to try this next week for my in-laws anniversary. But again, i am not sure how Amul cream would whip! i feel its too thin to be whipped..any tricks? roughly how long will it take to form peaks with amul cream? im scared to overwhip or worse make it all curdled!! your filling looks all silk and satin! if you can help me with whipping cream demon, you have no idea how i would worship you!

Thanks
    Pooja

• Hi Pooja,
      Amul cream issue is a perennial problem for us in India.
      I use Amul cream for my cakes, which whips up with difficulty these days because the weather in Gurgaon is hot. I have a post here – http://www.passionateaboutbaking.com/2010/06/baking-swiss-black-forest-cake-whipping-up-low-fat-cream-into-submission.html that talks about how to reintroduce the fat in low fat cream so it can get whipped up. Also, I try using only small tetrapaks. The big 1 ltr one always fails for me…
      Not sure how the weather is where you are, but Amul cream just does not cooperate in hot humid weather. When it is cooler here, I keep the tetrapak in the fridge, at least overnight, till chilled. Then snip off the top, drain off the clear liquid, & whip the cream to peaks with castor sugar. Oh, and I keep the steel bowl etc in the freezer too for about 15 minutes. Ideally try and whip the cream in the early morning while the weather is still cool {or in an airconditioned room}….

53. Thank you so much deeba, this is what I was looking for, I could never find the post, believe it or not I have come to your blog so many times before the T & T,( just to look through the recipes, can I say I forget to bake anything but just drool over your photos and writing :),), everytime I search for this recipe and I have never found it, I really want to try this out, thanks again for your time to do this for me.

54. caroleena says:

Thank you for this wonderful recipe! I made this cake a couple of weeks ago, using a chocolate balsamic vinegar — absolutely fantastic! Thank you!

55. caroleena says:

Thank you! This cake was delish! I used a wonderful chocolate balsamic vinegar & it turned out amazing. Thank you so much!

56. leena praveen says:

wonderful recipe.I will try this .thank you very much for your time and efert.

57. Prabs says:

Deeba,

The cake looks fabulous!
    Would you recommend using cherries instead of strawberries here, since its the cherry season? Also, should I make any alterations if I’m substituting them with cherries?

58. madiha says:

deeba … i love ur blog…. the recipes are awesome and pictures are simply beautiful…. i love this cake , but i have a problem that what should i use instead of balsamic vineagar because it has wine in it, and as a muslim i dont want to use the balsamic vinegar…i live in london and i checked it everywhere, but cant find balsamic vinegar that has no wine in it… plz help… thank u soo much

59. Hi Deeba,

Congratulations on the most informative and appealing blog on baking.
    Hailing from India, I never did much baking myself until I came to US. I always felt I was missing something until I really started baking and looking for recipes online. I landed on your blog looking for a egg less recipe for a vegan friend….May I say that you truly inspired me to keep on baking!!
    I am going to try this recipe tomorrow for a friend’s birthday………Hope it turns out good.
    One question though, do you have any suggestions for high altitude baking?

60. madiha says:

hi deeba….i have tried this cake for my freind who is allergic to eggs and this cake turned turned out simply great and beautiful… everyone just loved it… but deeba if i dont have to make an eggless cake again , can i make a simple choclate cake and layer with this strawberries and cream… does it goes with that…. or if there is any other choclate cake recipe of urs in this blog, which can go with this.. plz help and thank u soo much :-)

61. OH my gosh, that is beautiful!

62. OMG…just made this…this cake is the best eggless choclate cake I have ever made.

63. Hi Deeba,

Made this cake for my mother’s birthday and it turned out to be a big hit. Its Moist and fudgy sans the egg smell. I had 1/4 cup coco powder and so added 100gm melted dark chocolate along with coco powder. The result was fantastic. Thanks a lot for the recipe.

Soumya

64. delicious recipes, low calorie recipes and Traditional Romanian food at

ralus-recipes. blogspot . com/
    Have a nice day :)

65. Nivedita says:

Hi Deeba!Have to say, your blog is the one stop shop for anything to do with baking.
    I made this one for my hubby yesterday and it was lovely, there was only problem, the cake cracked a lot, in fact broke, while I was sandwiching, plus later it tasted like cardboard:(.
    The only change I made was to use butter instead of oil, bec I dont like the taste of oil in cake.Can you please tell me where I went wrong?
    Oh I didnt have vinegar also:(

• Hi Nivedita, I think oil keeps this particular cake moist, and it doesn’t taste ‘oily’ once sandwiched with cream. Cardboard? I guess because you left the vinegar out. Baking soda and vinegar react in this cake to work the magic; I think you left the effervescent effect out altogether.

• Nivedita says:

Hi Deeba!Thank you so much for replying:). I made another cake from your blog and this time I stuck to everything and you said, this times things were fine:)

66. Hello there, simply became aware of your weblog through Google, and located that it is really informative. I am going to watch out for brussels. I will appreciate if you happen to proceed this in future. A lot of folks might be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

67. Nivedita says:

Hi Deeba, can u plz guide on how to level a cake…since most of my baking has a doom shape when i take out from oven…:((…i dont hv a cake leveler and have not seen any thing like that in India. Give some tips plz..

Nivedita

68. Stacie says:

I tried this cake last month and it was absolutely fantastic!!!! Friends who don’t like chocolate cake: loved it!!! It was super moist and decadent!!! Thanks Deeba!

69. As soon as I saw the picture of your cake I started to drool! It looks amazing! Wish you could just send me a piece, right now!!!

70. That looks so divine! I’ve made that cake recipe before, but the balsamic strawberry filling is such a creative update – yum!

71. Deeba, I love this recipe so much I have saved the picture of your cake as my desktop background so that I look at it all day and droooolll.. hahah!
    Luv ur desserts so much! <3

72. Hi Deeba!
    I just tried this cake today and it tasted good with the filling, however, it was a little dry and dense. Can you please suggest where could I have gone wrong? If I use one 9 ” pan, will it make a difference? I have to bake a cake for a friend’s anniversary and I was thinking of baking this one. Do you think adding sugar syrup will help? Please advise.

73. I am also a fellow Secret Recipe Club-er and I thank you for a great recipe! It inspired me to use it on my blog as well for The Crazy Cooking Challenge, come check it out ! :) -Heather http://itsyummytomytummy.blogspot.com/2012/02/egg-and-dairy-free-chocolate-cake.html

74. Deeba, I made this cake few days ago and it tasted divine! literally finger lickin’ good!
    Thank you so much for sharing this recipe and much much love! <3

75. Valentina says:

Deeba, thank you very much for a really great recipe! I tried it last month and it was absolutely fantastic! I used the recipe on my blog. It’s in Russian but there are many pictures.

76. Wil be trying this cake for the first time. my hubby loves black forest & this seems close enough to an eggless blackforest cake. one quick qsn- can i use cherries instead of strawberries?

77. Going to make this today didnot get to it yesterday…

78. preeti says:

hi Deeba,

I made this one yesterday for my hubby’s bday. This is the best ever eggless cake I have baked to date. Thanks! You made my day!

Your passion is truly inspiring. Keep up the good work.

79. zuausha says:

Hi,
    Dear Deeba!

Your photograpy is stunned!!!!!!!!!

this is most beautiful, soft and delicious cake ever i made.i changed little bit like As a Muslim i cant use Balsamic vinegar .just used normal vinegar and that was really good work with recipe.

2nd thing just add 1tsp baking powder because here in Canada strong flavour .
    3rd thing i used vanilla essence. after all of them changing i got best result.

love you deeba,
    best,
    zuausha!

must visit my page on fb…

80. closeupsmile says:

Hi Deeba!!
    I made this cake for my son’s 4th birthday last week.I prepared them in loaf pans(3 cakes) to shape as a ‘4’. Also,I didn’t use ganache topping,instead I frosted with whipped cream.It was so so yummy.Believe me,it was very much appreciated by each and every guest of mine!!Everybody wanted the recipe!Imagine, I had made 3 cakes and even the crumbs were gobbled up in no time!!I have been ur silent follower for quite some time now,but I thought this time I should write to u..keep up the good work.Sometimes I browse ur site just to see those amazing pics.Then of course,some picture will motivate me to cook or bake :-) Thanks once again…

81. Smita says:

I made this cake for my husbands birthday last month. It turned out awesome and everybody raved about it. Thank you for the amazing recipe.

82. tkmitlm says:

I would just like to say this is fantastic. Although I just got a taste of this cake ( son at my piece ) everyone like it. I made this cake for my daughter birthday ( late, she was away at college and came home for spring break…but she love chocolate & strawberries…so when I seen it I said perfect. I change it a little I made a white chocolate ganache and folded the strawberries into it and then use it as my center filling (daughter loves chocolate). I ended up sending the rest of the cake home with her and she said everyone who got some raved about it.

83. nikki says:

I make the cake for my hubby birth, all was ok, at the moment finish bake, the cake break completely :(

• Trying to think of why that might have happened Nikki. Maybe it overbaked and became too dry, or do you think you might have missed an ingredient? The other reason possibly could be that you tried to demold it when it was too hot out of the oven.

84. That’s a stunning looking cake. I love layer cakes too. Even better if they are covered in chocolate ganache.

85. veena says:

Deeba, i have ogled and ogled at this cake numerous times over the past year(!) and am going to venture into baking it for my husbands birthday next week. Even though i am an amateur baker, my kids think the world of me, so i am hoping to become a superstar in their eyes once i have this beautiful creation on the table. i hope it turns out right, will definitely let you know either way. :)

• You are going to come out tops Veena. Good luck. It’s a really simple cake to make. Looking forward to hearing from you post the husbands birthday! Happy Birthday to him in advance…and happy baking to you! PS Grateful for the ‘ogling’!

86. veena says:

Thanx for the quick revert ! Just wondering, can I use whipped cream instead of cream for the ganache? I have never tried making ganache earlier and am skeptical about using amul cream because of all the failure stories attached to it. Also I would love to tell you that its very tough to decide what I like more about your blog, the recipes or the amazing photographs.seriously your food pictures are so tantaliziing that one can only ogle!!! :)

• You make me blush Veena…this is one of the better days that I reply so quickly! Ganache works perfectly with Amul cream so I don’t think you need to worry. It is the simplest and most forgiving topping for a cake or cupcake, and yet the most delicious too. If it is too thin, add some more chocolate; alternatively, if it is too thick, a drizzle of cream helps. A ganache thickens as it cools, and can be gently reheated in the microwave at very low if need be. You can always try a tiny scaled down dry run before. I now make my ganache in the microwave. Believe me it’s easy!

87. I was wondering..if the batter came out thick for everyone else? Mine did and i had to use my hands to mix it. Did i do something wrong?

88. veena says:

The cake happened FINALLY, yesterday. It didnt turn out half, no not even a fourth, as nice as yours but it was decent for a first effort. Only hitch was, the cake broke while removing from the pan, even though I had cooled it enough!! so, i had a tough time layering it but it was worth the effort.. :) thanks a lot Deeba, my son made my day when he said, Wow, you made this?!! You are so versatile, you are a multi-tasker!! :)
    p.s- time to ogle at a different cake now :)

89. Shalini says:

Hi . Am a die hard fan of your blog thank for all the good recipes. Made this cake today… But I can feel the taste of maida can u pl suggest something. I used white vinegar.

90. Hello,

I made this chocolate cake 2 weeks ago for an anniversary party =) it was superbly delicious, a hit at the party. Thank you for sharing your recipe. I have shared your recipe on my blog and linked this recipe and your website in my post.

Shraddha

91. Hi Deeba,
    I made this cake today and it was awesome.Thanks a lot for this wonderful recipe. The only thing I noticed is that my cake had a domed top after baking and I had to trim off a thin layer.
    I follwed the recipe exactly and since you have mentioned to keep the cake upside down for domed cake,Is it normal to get domed cake for this recipe.

92. astral says:

I have always made eggless cakes using buttermilk. You have using vinegar and hot water. I shall be grateful if u let me know how different the texture of cake be using vinegar with hot water from buttermilk.

Thanks a lot for the addresses of diff. Bakery shops in Delphi…

93. Kusum says:

Can I get the measurement in cups instead of grams and I would even like to know how did u decorate the top of the cake I mean did u use cream???
    I just love the way it looks and m pretty sure it tastes divine… Thanks for sharing

94. I tried this recipe yesterday, it is the first time i try a cake without EGGS and I am really surprised with the result, it is delicious, can’t describe how yummy and moist it is!! thank you for sharing this beautiful recipe. PS: I added one generous teaspoon of Nutella to the batter , since my cocoa powder did not make an exact half a cup so i decided to put the Nutella, and it turned out Delicious! Thanks :)

Trackbacks

1. Delicious links! « Chef Pandita says:

[...] a show-stopping and eggless cake? Then this recipe is for you: Old-Fashioned Chocolate Cake with Balsamic Strawberry Cream Filling by Deeba. [...]

2. [...] recipe I stole borrowed called it Eggless Chocolate Cake, but whatever.(Thanks to @Foodwhirl for pointing it [...]

3. Happy Mother’s Day « Sweet-a-Licious says:

[...] Old Fashioned (Eggless) Layered Chocolate Cake with Balsamic Strawberries and Cream [...]

4. [...]     Old Fashioned Eggless Chocolate Cake with Balsamic Strawberry Cream Filling by Passionate About Baking. This is the first time I’ve seen this food blog and the photos [...]

5. Web Deliciousness: Strawberries! | Kitchen Dining Etc says:

6. [...] Old Fashioned Eggless Chocolate Cake with Balsamic Strawberry Cream Filling by Passionate About Baking. This is the first time I’ve seen this food blog and the photos are just spectacular, not to mention the treats themselves. Wow. [...]

7. [...] adapted from Passionate About Baking (she has awesome pictures of her cake!), Barbara Bakes, and Annie’s [...]

8. [...] used This recipe.. Cant wait to have a slice [...]

9. [...]     Old Fashioned Eggless Chocolate Cake with Balsamic Strawberry Cream Filling by Passionate About Baking. This is the first time I’ve seen this food blog and the photos [...]

10. [...] One of my favourite ‘sweet’ recipes, and one which was amazing is an eggless cake – Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake with Balsamic Strawberry & Cream Filling [...]

11. [...] Layered Chocolate Strawberry Cake (from Passionate About Baking) [...]

12. [...] Get the recipe for Barbara’s Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake with Balsamic Strawberry & Cream Fil… // [...]

13. [...] while outwardly I gave this sweet smile and said , “As you wish. “. Ever since I saw this post in Deeba’s PAB, I have been wanting to make it. It didnt materialise in the couple of [...]

14. [...] Chocolate Cake Recipe Recipe Source: Passionate about Baking (I halved the recipe to get a tiny layered cake) Ingredients: 3 cups all-purpose flour 1 3/4 cups [...]

15. [...] & doesn’t require unnecessary experiment is always welcome, plus the reviews by Barbara, Deeba & others were great. For the chocolate whipped cream filling I used a recipe from Sugar & [...]

16. Vegan Chocolate Cake | says:

[...] for good eggless cake recipes. This other friend of mine had tried this eggless cake recipe from Passionate About Baking (originally published by Barbara from barbarabakes.com) and had highly recommended it. Before trying [...]

17. [...] here for the chocolate buttercream filling  and  here for the Chocolate ganache [...]

18. [...] OLD FASHIONED BALSAMIC BALSAMIC STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE CAKE – Eggless [...]

19. [...] doesn’t require unnecessary experiment is always welcome, plus the reviews by Barbara, Deeba & others were great. For the chocolate whipped cream filling I used a recipe from Sugar & [...]

20. […] is an old fashioned eggless chocolate cake, from Passionate About Baking, which turns out moist and delicious every time.  No exceptional baking skills required for this […]

21. […] dough was so watery!, But then I thought, One is avid Baker ( Barbara Bakes) and the other one is a passionate baker, twice tested and definitely would never fail. Have you seen what Deeba has written in left hand […]