“Cuisine is the tactile connection we have to breathing history.History and culture offer us a vibrant living society that we taste through cuisine.All cuisine is a reflection of the society from which it emanates … in the end cuisine is the result of culture”
Clifford Wright“24 Meals, 24 Hours, 24 Blogs.”
Foodbuzz 24
Foodbuzz is launching it’s Foodbuzz Publisher Community; an event which goes to demonstrate the power and quality of the Foodbuzz community through real-time, real-people food blog journalism!
The “24, 24, 24” captures the cultural diversity and unique local perspective of the Foodbuzz Featured Publishers: it’s real food, experienced by 24 real people, shared real-time. A global “live blogging” effort showcasing a multi-contributor feature article created by Foodbuzz Featured Publishers demonstrating the scope, diversity and quality of the community! I’m proud to be one of the 24. Indian food has gained tremendous popularity over the years, has earned a place for itself across the globe. My post is a celebration of North Indian cuisine, which is a culinary adventure in itself.
Welcome to my table, offering some of the best in North Indian cuisine, steeped in culture, enticing the palate. Feast your eyes on traditional yet innovative fare; colourful & uncomplicated! Let yourself in on kitchen secrets! Join me as I embark on an adventure to recreate, at home, the joy of food eaten out at Indian eateries.

I have attempted to put together a meal of Indian dishes, from appetizers, to drinks, main course non-vegetarian & vegetarian…& wrapping it up with sweet somethings. Have tried to reach the magic 24! The recipes are from scratch, not overtly heavy on spices or fat, & can be played around with to suit different tastes. Mine are usually mildly spicy. When I cook, I make sure I don’t sacrifice ‘the palate to please the eye’. Welcome to India, my part of the world…

Coolers1. Anaar SherbetPomegranate Cooler.2. Aam Panna Green Mango Cooler with rock salt & mint.3. Nimbu Paani Lime-Ginger Cooler with rock salt & mint.

Appetizers4. Potato CanapesHome-made potato crisps topped with with blended cottage-cheese, cheddar & sage.5. Paneer TikkaBarbequed cottage cheese cubes in 2 different marinades.6. Chicken Reshmi KebabsMoist & tender, bite sized kebabs, served with a tangy green chutney.

7. Assorted Fruit & Cheese Canapes A fusion of flavours with a blend of cottage-cheese, cheddar & cream, topping ‘Apricot Relish’, ‘Mango Chutney’ & pineapple.

On the side

8. On The SideFresh Green Coriander-Mint Chutney, Apricot Relish, Pickled Baby Onions.

Main Course9. Gosht-do-piaza A hearty lamb stew. “Do” is “two” and “piaz” is “onion”; so “dopiaza” is a dish which has twice the amount of onions.10. Paneer-e-dhungaar A twist on butter paneer. Smoked cottage cheese chunks smothered in a creamy tomato gravy.11. Kadhai Gobhi Crisp, stir fried cauliflower, with red & yellow bell peppers introduced for variety.12. Lamb Roghan JoshA passionate red lamb curry in a thick gravy. My simple rendition of Rogan Josh…mild & tasteful. The red colour comes from the use of paprika.13. Chicken Reshmi Seekh KebabsPan fried minced chicken in seekh kebabs flavoured with fresh herbs. Delectable.

14. Murgh MakhaniThe original butter chicken from the owners of Moti Mahal, India. India’s signature barbequed chicken curry, popular the world over. Popularly referred to as India’s export to the West!

15. Dal MakhaniBlack lentils simmered in a thick, creamy & almost rich preparation. Another hot favourite off the Indian menu. The bread basket… 16. NaanThe most loved of Indian flatbreads. Light & flavourful; brushed with melted butter & a sprinkling of nigella & sesame seeds.17. Tandoori RotiWholewheat flatbreads, unleavened & rustic. Delicious served hot.

18. Khameeri RotiAnother leavened wholewheat flatbread, leavened with yeast, adding variety to the basket.

…& The Rice Bowl 19. Yakhni PulaoLong-grained basmati rice, ‘dum’ cooked / slowly simmered in lamb stock, roasted lamb & aromatic spices.

20. Zeera PulaoLong-grained basmati rice, stir fried in aromatic cumin, garnished with fried cashew nuts.

Sweet endings…21. Mango Jelly MousseA fusion of flavours…mango mousse nestled in dark chocolate, topped with cream & pistachios.22. Saffron KulfiA frozen Indian dairy-based dessert…luxuriously flavoured with saffron, cardamom & pistachios.23. KheerA creamy Indian rice pudding delicately flavoured with saffron & cardamom, served chilled.

Signing off…with an interesting quote

“To eat is human; to digest, divine.”
Charles T. Copeland

24. Saunf, Mishri, ElaichiFinishing off the Indian meal the traditional way…fennel, sugar lumps, cardamom etc.

Thank you for being part of the great Indian gastronomical adventure. Coincidentally, this is also my 300th post! I have really enjoyed having you over. Do check out the rest of us here…“24, 24, 24” on Foodbuzz!

• Bharti

What a spread! I want to eat all that is vegetarian on you menu. Everything looks just fabulous!

• maybelle's mom

Oh, what a wondeful meal. I wished I could have joined you for yours and you for mine.

• Manggy

I can’t believe you actually had any time to blog amidst all this! This is one delicious spread!
    Also, congratulations on your 300th blog post! That’s a wonderful achievement! :)

• Cakespy

WOW! It’s all so delicious I don’t even know where to start! Ok, how about from dessert and backwards from there? I love it all. The khameeri roti looks fantastic!

• Proud Italian Cook

Deeba you are amazing! Your food is amazing! Your presentations are always amazing! Congrats on 300 amazing posts!!

• Ning

Congratulations on your 300th post!!! Congratulations for being one of the FoodBuzz 24! Wow! So many food to try! Thank you so much for sharing so many wonderful Indian food! Will definitely try making some! :)

• Arundathi

everything looks amazing!! :-) fantastic job! you should open a restaurant!

• Ivy

Deeba, I wouldn’t expect less from you. How did you manage all this? They e-mailed me to participate but I chickened out (lol). Everything looks perfect. Wish I was there to feast with you and your family.

• noobcook

What a gorgeous feast of 24 beautiful and delectable Indian dishes! I love everything and it’s hard to decide where to start! 😉 Congrats on your 300th post as well as being on foodbuzz 24 … this certainly calls for a double celebration! 😀

• FoodJunkie

What a feast! Congratulations…AFter this my 24 entry feels a little bit peasant 😉

• Christie @ fig&cherry

Wow – what a feast! Great post!

I especially love the paneer and those heart shaped glass bowls – gorgeous!

• Christie @ fig&cherry

Wow – what a feast! Great post!

I especially love the paneer and those heart shaped glass bowls – gorgeous!

• Helen

Wow, what a stunning menu! Congratulations to you too on being on e of the 24. Those naans and rotis look amazing and I love the digestifs afterwards. I also love paneer and the coolers at the beginning. In fact, it all looks wonderful!

• Marija

Congratulations on your 300th post! What a way to celebrate it! Your feast is amazing!

• Happy cook

Wow just beautiful spread, justlike they have it in indian restraunts here.

• Núria

Deeba, You’ve been brilliant here! So well thought! The 24 dishes are amazing… of course it had to be 24 to make it round :D. Fantastic spread, great to have them all in one post!!!! Really smart 😀

• ZenKimchi

Oh, the lamb… the paneer… the naan…

EVIL, I tell you, EVIL! Very hard to get in Korea.

• nicisme

What a fabulous feast – I’d love to come and eat at yours!
    Congrats on 300 posts, I sometimes wonder if you ever come up for air, lol!

• Anonymous

Bravo Deeba, that is a feast indeed. Cant wait to try some of the dishes.. although I have tried most of them already blogged. You GO GIRL.!!!!
    Viva India….. Angela

• Aparna

Congratulations, Deeba, on all the achievements and rewards.
    But I’m not really surprised. If anyone could do it, it was you.

• judyfoodie

Congrats on your 24 success and your 300th post!

What a spread! I love Indian food. My tummy is grumbling just looking at all those delectable dishes.

• kellypea

Wait. I have to pry my jaw off the floor. I’m amazed! How I would love to sample all that you have here. I’ve made only a few dishes from India and have truly enjoyed them. How perfect to have so many delicious recipes in one place. Outstanding!

• Mike of Mike's Table

Congrats on being one of the 24–this is a tremendous line up and definitely a great way to share Indian cuisine. I wish I could stop by for dinner tonight–lol, I made channa masala last night, but I’d like a bit of everything else here to go with it!

• Sangeeth

wow! what a treat!

• Pearlsofeast

Oh dear Deeba, this is really a fantastic spread and beautifully presented. Love the ornate dishes u have used.Ur presentation is mind boggling.

• Divya Vikram

Congrats for being one in the 24..That was a fantastic array of dishes!

• nadia

I have just fallen off my stool! :)

• Astra Libris

I am in awe of the beautiful feast… Thank you so much for the incredible introduction to Indian cuisine… The flavors and spices and beautiful dishes, as well as your incredibly artistic photographs, truly inspire me!

• Tartelette

All my favorites in one page!! Yippee! Congrats on your 300th!!

• Giff

Wow, what a display of cooking! I hope you had a blast with this, and congrats on both your 300th post and your 24,24,24 feast!

• familiabencomo

Wow….. I'm stuffed! I feel like you just had me over for feast of a meal & I sampled everything. Beautifully done, Deeba! Your photos are gorgeous & I love the use of your traditional Indian serving pieces for the added flare. I'm going to have to prepare one of these dishes for dinner tonight.

Tanti baci, bella,

P.S. Congratulations on being one of the 24 & for your 300th post. Amazing.

• Sunshinemom

What a beautiful photographic journey that was!! I almost felt I was looking into the menu of a hotel with the maitre d’!!

• Alexa

Oh my, Deeba, what a lovely spread! Candy for my eyes… I have such a great weakness for Indian food, thank you for sharing all these amazing dishes.

• n33ma

Truly fit for a king…photos are so good too…congrats on you 300th post

• farida

Deeba, everything looks so beautiful. A feast to the eyes! Thank you for taking us on a culiniary journey through India – such an amazing culture!

• Gloria (Canela)

Deeba I love all,all, all is beauty, yours pictures are beauty and you a amazing person, I know. Dear I congrats you by 300 Post! and I hope to make soon some of your bread I love them!! (I love this typeof recipes I dont know if sometimes I told you hubby’s parents are from Palestina and Lìbano. Hugsss!!!!!! Gloria

• meeso

Oh, Deeba! Have some mercy, you are such a tease! That spread is killing me, I just ate dinner, yet I am starving again! Amazing! You are an excellent cook and your pictures are too, too wonderful!!!

• Krysta

wow look at the dishes. i would love to try every single one of them.

• Dibs

Fantastic Deeba! Proud of you!

• by MAG

Deeba, again and again you are presenting your wonderful masterpieces!!! Congratulations! I loved every item on your menu…

• Hugging the Coast

Wow…just wow! I want to eat absolutely everything you’ve made, then come back and do it again!

• bee

so when can i come over? leftovers are acceptable.

• glamah16

I am blown away with this menu. Beautiful meal.

• Padma

Oh Deeba ! what a wonderful spread it is!! Bravo!!! Loved each and every dish that is on your menu, being a carnivore, I love the non-vegz. Congratulations on 24-24-24…. I never in my wildest dream would have thought to make it!…
    Also congratulations on 300th!

• Jeanne

Well done on doing 24-24-24! All your dishes looked wonderful – I always love your props and backgrounds in the photos too :)

• Arundathi

amazing, deeba!

• Trupti

Absolutely fantastic….Each and every recipe is worth trying!

the spice who loved me

• Nachiketa

WOW!!!! you made all this…..

The pictures are brilliant… :-)