The Pound Cake…very versatile!
Butter- 1 cup or 200gms
Eggs – 4 (large)
Sugar – 1 cup, granular
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Whole-wheat flour – 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Salt – 1 pinch
Ganache – 1/2 cup (Recipe here)
- Grease and flour a 10″ bundt pan. Preheat oven to 325deg/175deg .
- Sift together both flours + baking powder+ salt .
- Cream butter and orange sugar well, & then beat in the eggs 1 by 1, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in essence .
- On low speed, beat in the flour bit by bit till well incorporated (4-5 goes) .
- Turn 1/2 the batter into pan, layer evenly with the ganache, & then top with the rest of the batter. Bake for approx 1 hr till done . (If top seems to be getting too brown, loosely cover top with foil until done.)
- Leave in pan for 10 mins to cool, and then turn it out on rack to cool completely.
Note: Can also make a Marble Pound Cake, by folding the ganache into 1/3 of the batter OR ……a Coffee &Dark Chocolate Chip Pound Cake one too.
Mix 1 tbsp of coffee into 1 tbsp of hot water & let it cool. Beat it in after the eggs & essence have been added. Fold in dark chocolate chips after the flour has been mixed in. This is a yummy version & my personal favourite!!
(Am off down South for a week…will be missing for a few days. See you soon!!)