BLING ON BOLLYWOOD…LAMB CURRY!
The recipe then, which is an adaptation to my earlier adapted version of Sanjeev Kapur’s recipe.
Lamb leg pieces (nalli) – 750 gms (nalli means marrow bones)
Onion – 3 large / sliced fine
Garlic – 10 cloves / grated fine
Ginger – 1½ inch piece / grated fine
Oil – 2/3 cup
Bay leaves – 2
Green cardamom – 2
Black cardamom – 1
Cloves – 5-6
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Pepper corns – 5-6
Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp (adjust to taste)
Paprika (degi mirch) – 1 tbsp (for colour basically)
Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
Tomato puree – 2/3 cup
Yogurt – 1 cup / thick
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
- Clean and wash lamb leg pieces (on the bone).
Heat oil in a thick-bottomed pan. Add green cardamoms, black cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, peppercorns, bay leaves and sliced onions.
- Sauté until onions are light pink in colour.
Add ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, coriander powder and cook for one minute.
Add lamb pieces. Roast well.
Add 1 cups of water + salt to taste and bring to a boil. Cook under pressure for 20 minutes, until lamb pieces are almost cooked.
Whisk the tomato puree & yogurt in a bowl, & add to the cooked lamb. Simmer for 30-45 minutes till the gravy is thick & red. Add a couple of slit green chillies for flavour. (Deseed them to reduce the chili factor)
Hugs to you Meeta…for keeping the carpet out for late-comers like me. Cheers!!
Latest posts by Deeba @ PAB (see all)
- Baking | Sweet Potato Pound Cake with salted butter caramel sauce #autumn #wholefood #comfortfood - 2015/10/04
- No Bake Dessert | Dark Chocolate Cream with Coffee Panna Cotta #dessertinglasses #glutenfree - 2015/09/22
- Chef Talk |20th anniversary celebrations at TK’S Oriental Grill, Hyatt Regency, Delhi – a ‘behind the scenes’ with Chef Rohilla - 2015/09/19