This is a box of brownies that I baked for a dear old lady who lives nearby. She is about 78 years old & makes sure she stops by to say ‘Good Morning’ to me at the childrens‘ bus stop every single morning! Two days without a meeting, & she comes by our place to catch up with me! She is a warm, wonderful person, so positive & so full of life, that one wonders why we crib about silly little things! Always helpful, always forthcoming & forever smiling! A very large-hearted lady indeed. Her husband was in the Indian Army & passed away several years ago; she now lives with her daughter, & can teach many of us how to live life fully!! I baked these for her birthday a while ago…coz she said she used to make brownies when she was young & loved them. She loved these so much…that she actually set out to bake them a couple of weeks later!!
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Cocoa – 1/2 cup
Flour – 2/3 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Salt – 1 pinch
Walnuts – 1 cup /chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Line a 10.5″ X 6.5″ or 8″ X 8″ pan with a 2″ depth.
- Sift the flour + cocoa + baking powder + salt. Set aside.
- Beat the butter & sugar till light & fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs + vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour mix + walnuts till just incorporated. Don’t overmix. The batter will be thickish.
- Turn batter into tin & level out evenly with a spatula/butter knife.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Test with a wooden pick.
- Leave to cool in tin on rack, & then chill, covered, for at least 2-3 hours or overnight before cutting.
- Once cut, drizzle with melted dark chocolate, or sift icing sugar over them. Refrigerate.
- Note: Warm in the microwave for 15 seconds & indulge further with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream!
Sweet gifts are made of these…
Latest posts by Deeba @ PAB (see all)
- Baking | Sweet Potato Pound Cake with salted butter caramel sauce #autumn #wholefood #comfortfood - 2015/10/04
- No Bake Dessert | Dark Chocolate Cream with Coffee Panna Cotta #dessertinglasses #glutenfree - 2015/09/22
- Chef Talk |20th anniversary celebrations at TK’S Oriental Grill, Hyatt Regency, Delhi – a ‘behind the scenes’ with Chef Rohilla - 2015/09/19