“It’s good to be children sometimes,and never better than at Christmas.”
Charles Dickens
ICED COOKIES SPECIALLY FOR CHRISTMAS…
Christmas Cookies…I make these special ‘Iced Cookies’ at this time of the year when I am at my creative best ; they are my ‘signature cookies’ and are much awaited ! They do everything to cheer up the table, are vibrant and full of Christmas spirit. Closer to Christmas, I will be doing a batch to hang up on the small tree that the kids dress up.
Our favourite Christmas cookies, ‘Iced Sugar Cookies’, iced in Xmas colours. The basic cookie recipe is the same one that I use for Smartie Cookies’. Its a very versatile one, and works well with this recipe, as well as for the ‘Stained Glass Christmas Cookies’. For the icing, I used powdered sugar mixed with just enough water to make it thick & flowing, then coloured it with Christmas colours, and drizzled it on the cookies. I leave them to dry out overnight, and sometimes give them a minute in a hot oven to get rid of any moisture (depends on the weather actually). Practice makes this one better each time.

Meeta at What’s For Lunch Honey (WFLH) has “the fire is crackling in her fireplace & has laid out her table elegantly with the punch waiting“. Thought these might look pretty on her beautifully laid out table , so am sending this to her for her Monthly Mingle.
Inside me lives a skinny woman trying to get out. I can usually shut her up with cookies!”
Author Unknown
“Have yourself a cozy little Christmas!”
Author Unknown

These cookies are also on their way to Susan at Food Blogga for her ‘Eat Christmas Cookies’ event & for a ‘Spoonful of Christmas’ at Zlamushka’s Spicy Kitchen (whose event ends today on the 1st of December).
HAVE A JOYFUL BAKING SEASON
…as a friend from Group Recipes, Krumkake, said to me yesterday… My “cookie hormones” have taken possession of me these days, and all I can think about is baking for the holidays!

15 Comments

• Arundati Rao

super!! i already bookmarked and showed the cookies to some friends of mine who i am trying ti entice into a drop in a decorate themed party….this is the icing on the cookie literally…i am going to replicate it and i hope you wont mind!! will keep you posted on how they turn out!!

• PASSIONATE BAKER....and beyond.

Go Ahead Arundati…what could be better! These are great for a theme! :0)

• zlamushka

Hi Dee,

have I mentioned how wonderful and elegant your Christmas Cookies were ? 😉 They do look fantastic (together with your other entry) on the round-up template!

• Rachel

Gosh another one of your beautiful creations..Lucky family!

• Happy cook

They are absolutley gorgeous

• Susan from Food Blogga

Deeba, you continue to amaze me! These are some of the most festive Christmas cookies I’ve ever seen. The children you bake for must feel like they live in a real life gingerbread house with all of your delectable treats! Thanks for another delicious submission to Eat Christmas Cookies. 🙂

• sagari

beautifilllll cookies

• PASSIONATE BAKER....and beyond.

Hey Zlamushka.Thanks for not extending it again!! Worked myself crazy…& the family too.All the best for the round-up!
    Thanks Rachel…see you at DB in Jan.
    Thanks for the comment Happy Cook. It was you who started me off at Zlamushka’s. Thanks for that too! :0)
    Susan…the family is now on a DIET since I started this blogging addiction. I was a crazy baker before, & am now even crazier!!

• aparna

At this rate, I’m going to be running out of comments or else risk repeating myself!
    beautiful cookies.

• PASSIONATE BAKER....and beyond.

Aparna, thanks…& don’t worry. The mad frenzy for Zlamushka’s event is over & I’m gonna slow down now. PHEW!!

• meeso

These cookies look perfect for Christmas 🙂

• Meeta

How so very creative. Just perfect for this time of year. A fantastic submission for the MM!

• Vent L.A.

Beautiful pictures, beautiful website. I am hungry now!

• Sadia Durrani

where is the recipe??

Hi Sadia,
      The basic cookie recipe is the same one that I use for ‘Smartie Cookies’. Its a very versatile one, and works well with this recipe, as well as for the ‘Stained Glass Christmas Cookies’. For the icing, I used powdered sugar mixed with just enough water to make it thick & flowing, then coloured it with Christmas colours, and drizzled it on the cookies. I leave them to dry out overnight, and sometimes give them a minute in a hot oven to get rid of any moisture (depends on the weather actually). Practice makes this one better each time.